Thursday, April 15, 2010

I bought some GREAT stuff yesterday!

I had a visit from a new supplier yesterday who carries several very cool lines, from which I bought a lot of new stuff, including...

Chains: Some with large links, some small links, some elaborate chains with lots of dangly bits - all of it brass, but in different finishes including antique brass, antique copper, antique silver, shiny silver, gold and copper. I asked about tarnish resistance and he said it should ALL be extremely tarnish resistant - even the silver-plated stuff. I'm not sure when I'll get what I ordered - probably in a week or so.

Charms, focal pieces, etc.: He has a small assortment of this so far, but I got some really good stuff. Much of it is very similar in design to Vintaj brass but in addition to brass, I'll have antique copper and silver plated pieces as well. The brass is not as dark as Vintaj, just as gorgeous, AND less expensive! Hopefully I'll have this stuff in a week or so.

Shell and Wood beads and pendants: This is what I was most excited about. The supplier was referred to me by a bead shop I visited in Connecticut recently. I was really impressed with their wood pendants, so I'm very excited to be able to offer some to my peeps! He told me I was barely "scratching the surface" of what he can supply in this area, which is REALLY exciting! I bought a good bit of stuff - especially pendants and large beads. Some of the Black-Lip shell pendants will be engrave-able too. It's produced in the Philippines, and by custom order only, so it will go into production right away but not be here for about 6 weeks. I'll surely let you know when it arrives!

No comments:

Post a Comment